Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Starting out behind...typical!

So, I was the first to leave town...last Thursday, May 12...I guess maybe Shenan and I tied. I was definitely the first to arrive considering she was headed all the way to Fiji. But here I am, low on the totem pole of posts. 
As a neophyte blogger, this should not be the way to start out...nevertheless, here we go! I left Little Rock for Montreal. It was sort of a test run on how much French I remembered from high school. In case you are wondering...not that much. But I was surprised that I could read quite a bit. It just didn't sound like it should if I read it. 
Geneva is the real thing...everyone speaks French...all the time. It is unfair that the toddlers on my tram were chattering baby talk in French and I can only manage "merci", "bonjour", bonsoir", and "Quelle heure est-il ?" Should have bought that Rick Steves' Essential French Phrases. Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. You are not behind..you are leading the way! We are so proud of you. What a great way to spend your summer. When I think of the baby boomers who have so much to give, you are a shining star. First and foremost, how is the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete