Sunday, May 22, 2011

I feel a little like Alice...

Did I drop through the looking glass? Am I back in Dr. B's program eval class? No, it isn't deja vu all over again, as Yogi Berra would say. It is the reality of working with a multi-national, multi-cultural,  far-flung organization like World Scouting. Our meetings here in Kandersteg International Scout Center have included people from  the Asia region based in Manila, the African region based in Nairobi, the Arab region
based in Cairo, the InterAmerica region from 
Panama City as well as Eastern and Western Europe. And true to what Dr. B kept saying, they are all discussing evaluation, process monitoring, and assessing impact. It is vital that they demonstrate those processes to funders as well as be able to strengthen weak programs and replicate strong ones in other regions. OK, I guess I'll be the first to say all that work on logic models and Gantt charts was important, but I bet I won't be the last.
     

1 comment:

  1. I'll second that! I just wish I realized how important logic models and Gantt charts would be for my own IPSP!

    ReplyDelete